Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ


How can I donate?

Covenant Foundation understands that how to give is as much of an individual decision as how much. There are a number of ways you can make a donation including:

Donate By Mail

Download our Donation Form and mail the completed form to:


Covenant Foundation
3C60-11111 Jasper Ave NW
Edmonton, AB
T5K 0L4


Donate By Phone

You can donate over the phone with your credit card by calling us at 780-342-8126 or toll free at 1-800-342-8126.


Donate Online

You can make a secure online donation through Please click here for more details.

Covenant Foundation uses CanadaHelps to facilitate online giving. It enables us to accept online donations in a manner that is safe, easy and secure for our donors. After much investigation of many different companies that can help us in this regard, we found that this organization provides the most cost efficiencies.

Donate In Person

We also accept donations at the Foundation office. We are located in the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre in downtown Edmonton. Come visit us at:

Covenant Foundation

3C60-11111 Jasper Ave NW (Click for a map)

Edmonton, AB

T5K 0L4


Access closest via Jasper Avenue entrance. We are located on the main floor in the northwest corner of the building. Please follow the signs.

Our office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays)

What is your charitable registration numbers? 

Our charitable registration number is 125868125RR0001


What are acceptable payment methods for donations?

Covenant Foundation accepts donations made via:
  • Credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express

  • Cash - In person only, it is not recommended that you mail cash.
  • Cheque and money orders - Please make payable to the Covenant Foundation
  • Other - For in-kind gifts and gifts of stocks bonds and other financial instruments please contact us

What information do I need for a memorial donation?

Please include the name of the person the donation is in memory of, if there are any directions as to what the donation should be used for (i.e. Palliative Care at the Grey Nuns) and if there is any next of kin that you would like us to notify of this donation.

We send letters out to next of kin about once a month and therefore would need a name and address to do so.

Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.


What do I do if I have not received my tax receipt or I have lost it?

Please call us at 780-342-8126 or email us at and we will resolve it. If you received an e-receipt after making an online donation please visit

I cannot open my electronic tax receipt sent to me by e-mail, what should I do?


From anti-virus scanners to outdated PDF readers, there are a variety of reasons why your tax receipt cannot be opened. Most commonly it is due to an outdated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is required, on Windows PC's, to open electronic tax receipts. Please download the most up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader here: then attempt to re-open the document. If you continue to experience difficulties please call us at 780-342-8126 and we will send the tax receipt by mail. 

How do I claim my donation against my taxes?

The following is from the Canada Revenue Agency website:

Generally, you can claim all or part of the eligible amount up to a limit of 75% of your net income. For gifts of certified cultural property or ecologically sensitive land, you may be able to claim up to 100% of your net income (see Line 232).


Donations made by December 31 can be claimed for the current year. You do not have to claim all of the donations you made this year on your current-year return. You can carry forward any donations you do not claim in the current year and claim them on your return for any of the next five years. You can only claim the amount of the donations once.

You have to claim tax credits for gifts you carried forward from a previous year before you claim tax credits for gifts in the current year. If you are claiming a carry forward, attach a note to your return indicating the year of the return with which you submitted the official donation receipt, the portion of the eligible amount you are claiming this year, and the amount you are carrying forward.

You may include unclaimed donations made by your spouse or common-law partner.

Your charitable claim earns you both a federal and provincial/territorial tax credit. There are two charitable tax credit rates for both the federal government and the provinces and territories. An eligible amount you give above $200 qualifies you for a higher rate.

For more information regarding this or any other concerns about tax receipts, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.


Who can I contact to update my address/phone number?

Please contact our office directly by phone at 780-342-8126 during our business hours listed at the top of the page. You may also e-mail your new details to us at

How can I opt out of receiving solicitations?


If you no longer wish to receive phone calls or mailers, please complete our opt out form or call us at 780-342-8126 during our business hours listed at the top of the page.


Do you share / sell my personal information and contact details?

Covenant Foundation respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to applicable Canadian privacy laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal information, unless authorized or required by law. Our complete privacy policy is accessible here


Please contact our office at Room 3C60, 11111 Jasper Ave., Edmonton, AB T5K 0L4 or 780-342-8126 with any questions.